It’s that time of the year again—time for the GaL-AA spirit of rotation to inspire and excite your willingness to serve the LGBTQ+ AA community!
There are a few things we think you should know about service positions with GaL-AA. First, anyone can run for an executive committee position no matter where in the world you live. Second, we hold monthly business meetings electronically via Zoom. Third, as per the GaL-AA by-laws, the executive committee shall have at least one in-person, face-to-face meeting per year. It is the responsibility of each executive member to pay for any travel and other related expenses to and from the face-to-face meeting. If you need more information please contact a member of the committee.
Available GaL-AA Executive Committee Positions:
- Advisor I
- Advisor III
- Mon. Oct 17, 2022 – Mon. Nov 14, 2022: Resume submissions accepted
- Fri. Nov 18, 2022: Slate of Candidates announced and ballots distributed via email
- Mon. Nov 21, 2022 – Fri. Dec 16, 2022: Online voting open
- Wed. Dec 21, 2022: Results announced
- Jan 1, 2023: New officers assume responsibilities
Other Appointed Positions: Do you want to be of service but the positions above don’t seem the right fit for you? Don’t worry, we have something for everyone! Also available are non-voting positions that are simply appointed by the board.
- Help with Newsletter
- Roundup Liaison(s)
- Help with our website (design, PHP/Wordpress)
The GaL-AA Executive Committee looks forward to your joining our fellowship to help bring a message of experience, strength, and hope to our LGBTQ+ AA community. For questions and submissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact our Chair, Carol N. (email@example.com).
For Your Reference:
- Click to read the GaL-AA By-Laws on GaL-AA.org
- GaL-AA Executive Committee Terms ending 31 December 2022
- Chair – Carol N.
- Treasurer – Jim A.
- Advisor I – Jeff T.
- Advisor III – Steve K.
- Any GaL-AA member may run for the Executive Committee by sending a service resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume should outline work within the fellowship and any specific talents that you will contribute to GaL-AA’s mission
- Click to read brief descriptions of responsibilities for each position.