It’s that time of the year again—time for the GaL-AA spirit of rotation to inspire and excite your willingness to serve the LGBTQ+ AA community!
There are a few things we think you should know about service positions with GaL-AA. First, anyone can run for an executive committee position no matter where in the world you live. Second, we hold monthly business meetings electronically via Zoom. Third, as per the GaL-AA by-laws, the executive committee shall have at least one in-person, face-to-face meeting per year. It is the responsibility of each executive member to pay for any travel and other related expenses to and from the face-to-face meeting. If you need more information please contact a member of the committee.
Available GaL-AA Executive Committee Positions:
- Deputy Chair
- Advisor II
- Oct 17, 2021–Nov 27, 2021: Resume submissions accepted
- Dec 6, 2021: Slate of Candidates announced and ballots distributed via email
- Dec 6, 2021–Dec 20, 2021: Online voting open
- Dec 23, 2021: Results announced
- Jan 1, 2022: New officers assume responsibilities
Other Appointed Positions:
Do you want to be of service but the positions above don’t seem the right fit for you? Don’t worry, we have something for everyone! Also available are non-voting positions that are simply appointed by the board.
- Help with Newsletter
- Roundup Liaison(s)
- Help with our website (design, PHP/Wordpress)
The GaL-AA Executive Committee looks forward to your joining our fellowship to help bring a message of experience, strength, and hope to our LGBTQ+ AA community. For questions and submissions, please email elections @ gal-aa.org, or you can contact our Chair, Carol N. (carol @ gal-aa.org).
For Your Reference:
- Click to read the GaL-AA By-Laws on GaL-AA.org
- GaL-AA Executive Committee Terms ending 31 December 2021
- Deputy Chair – vacant
- Secretary – Mark P.
- Advisor II – Gary C.
- Any GaL-AA member may run for the Executive Committee by sending a service resume to email@example.com
- Your resume should outline work within the fellowship and any specific talents that you will contribute to GaL-AA’s mission
- Click to read brief descriptions of responsibilities for each position.