Term 01/01/2016 – 12/31/2017
Well, it’s that time of year again—time for the GaL-AA Spirit of Rotation to inspire and excite your Spirit of service for the GaL-AA Community!
GaL-AA 2015 Ballot Positions:
- Deputy Chair
- Advisor II
Election Time Line:
- 12 Oct – 20 November 2015: Resume Submissions accepted
- 27 November 2015: Slate of Candidates announced and ballots distributed via email.
- 27 November – 18 December 2015: Online voting open
- 21 December 2015: Results announced
- January 1st, 2016: New Officers assume responsibilities
Do you want to be of service but the positions above don’t quite float your boat? Don’t worry, we have something for everyone! Also available are non-voting positions that are simply appointed by the board:
- Newsletter Editor
- Roundup liaison/liaisons
- Website Team Member
The GaL-AA Executive Committee looks forward to you joining the fellowship to help bring a message of Experinece, Strength, and Hope to our GaL-AA Community. For questions and submissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR YOUR REFERENCE:
- GaL-AA Charter and By-Laws are available on our website
- GaL-AA Executive Committee Terms ending 31 December 2015:
- Deputy Chair – Mike N.
- Secretary – Carol N.
- Advisor II – Gary C.
- Any GaL-AA member may run for the Executive Committee by sending a service resume.
- Service resumes outline an individual’s work within the fellowship and specific talents that contribute to the GaL-AA mission.
- Brief descriptions of responsibilities for each position are outlined below
General Committee Member Responsibilities
(All members share these responsibilities)
- Participate in all planning to ensure that GaL-AA serves the gay and lesbian members of Alcoholics Anonymous; works in the spirit of unity with AA as a whole and carry’s the message of recovery for the lesbian and gay alcoholic who still suffers.
- Attend all meetings of the Executive Committee whether in person or via conference call or electronic media.
- Encourage and support the participation of members, representatives and volunteers in all areas of GaL-AA service.
- Maintain fiscal accountability for GaL-AA through the development of an annual budget, approval of the annual budget, raising funds as needed and monitoring the financial reports and the Treasurer’s reports.
- Participate in periodic inventory of GaL-AA mission, services and goals; this inventory to take place in all odd-numbered years.
- Participate in the oversight responsibility for the GaL-AA newsletter, GaL-AA website, all print materials, public information and media endeavors.
- Agree to release full name and contact information while serving on the Executive Committee in keeping with the public corporate and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Participate in the formulation and membership of standing committees and ad-hoc committees as determined by the Executive Committee.
- At the time of rotation off the committee, each member will prepare and train the in-coming member to ensure an orderly transition to maintain the purpose and services of GaL-AA. This includes all documentation and verbal explanation of position responsibilities.
- The Executive Committee will work within the Traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous in all matters, reminding us to act as trusted servants; trust the process of the group conscience and remember to place principles before personalities.
- GaL-AA shall endeavor to use the guidelines of Alcoholics Anonymous wherever possible. The General Service Office provides specific guidelines on most matters which are based on the experiences of other service groups. In addition, the GSO offers literature models for written information. Our goal is not to reinvent the wheel but to use the work of those who have come before us in service to the alcoholic.
- Participate in other duties as assigned by the Executive Committee.
- Preside over all meetings of the full Advisory Council, Executive Committee and General Membership in the event that the Chairperson is unable to do so.
- Replace Chairperson in all identified roles and responsibilities in the event that the Chairperson is unable to execute the position.
- In cooperation with the Chairperson, establish all agendas.
- Oversee all literature (in print and on website) to insure accuracy and consistency of message.
- Monitor all literature (written and on website) to ensure that it is within the decisions and recommendations of the Executive Committee.
- In cooperation with the Chairperson, facilitate an on-going process of setting goals, monitoring progress, involving volunteers and identifying needs or changes.
- Serve as the primary liaison with AA-GSO, the AA Special Interest Groups, Box 459 and the gay/lesbian international AA community. Maintain communication through letters of introduction, annual contacts and transmitting GaL-AA minutes, financial reports and informational materials.
- Maintain responsibility for the election process, solicitation of nominees, slate of candidates and balloting. Deputy Chairperson will appoint one member of the Executive Committee to serve with the Deputy Chairperson in this task. The member is to be someone who is not a candidate in the election cycle.
- Prepare and distribute minutes for all GaL-AA Executive Committee meetings and General Membership meetings with attendance record. Document approval and/or corrections to minutes.
- In cooperation with Chairperson, prepare and distribute meeting agendas and corresponding materials prior to each meeting of the Executive Committee.
- Serve as custodian of corporate records including but not limited to by-laws, policies, rules of order, minutes, correspondence, committees, Manual of Policies and Practices, charter and archival materials.
- Receive and review all GaL-AA correspondence; respond and/or redirect as appropriate.
- Responsible for all GaL-AA Executive Committee correspondence.
- Maintain a listing of all members of the Executive Committee.
- Manage the post office box/corporate mailing address.
- Receive donations via mail; document and send acknowledgments.
- Maintain co-signatory authority on all bank accounts.
- Maintain compliance with non-profit incorporation, in cooperation with Treasurer.
- Maintain compliance with IRS status, in cooperation with Treasurer.
- Maintain the primary role for Public Information, carrying the purpose and services of GaL-AA to the community.
- Serve as primary liaison with conferences and roundups to cooperate in service to the alcoholic who still suffers.
- Establish and maintain a model of public information for use at events to include booth display, staffing guidelines, presentations, signage and a system to sign up individuals, groups and round ups, etc.
- Coordinate all representation of GaL-AA at roundups and other conferences to ensure that the format, materials and message are consistent with GaL-AA model.
- Participate with the Deputy Chairperson and Technical Liaison in the development of GaL-AA literature for use in public information events, routine AA conventions, gay/lesbian-specific settings and the website.
- Serve to orient new members of the Executive Committee who take office on January 1 in even numbered years.
- Develop policies and procedures for GaL-AA work with the public.
- Provide orientation to new members of the Executive Committee.